Friday, June 18, 2010

16 Months Old



There's so much to update you all on, it's hard to know where to begin! Month 16 was great. I can say so many different words now, it would be a bore to list them all out. I'll just mention a few of my favorites: dogs, Bubba, Dada, Mama, up, down, high, hi, hello, bath ("ba"), happy, mum-mum, read, eye, cheek, belly button ("belba"), hat, door, knock-knock, pizza, cheese, avocado ("ado"), outside, balloon ("boon"), and all done. Another new one I can see quickly becoming my favorite is "No." What power comes with that word! I love it so much I want to say it again and again once I get started. Mommy and Daddy are trying to make "please" a new favorite as well, but that one is just not as fun.

In other news, I visited the pediatric dentist a couple weeks ago. Dr. Holden has a super cool office with games, flat screens, and toys galore! She looked at my mouth and said that she can tell that I have teeth in there somewhere; it will just be a while longer before they emerge. It may be a couple more months and they may come all at once (yikes!). At least we don't have to worry I'll be toothless forever, though. I also like Dr. Holden because she said it's ok that I still love my pacifier. I've been obsessed with my paci ever since I was weaned from breastmilk. Dr. Holden says it's fine til I'm 3 or 4. Then I may have to enter a 12-step program or something.

I've been loving the nice weather lately. Mommy and Daddy pimped out the back yard for me and it's awesome. I now have a slide (which I can use all by myself!), a sand box, and a kiddy pool. (See pics of all three above.) I could have fun in the backyard all day. I still love reading books too. I know a lot of my books by name and I can go get them from my library if you ask me. My best friends right now are Minnie Mouse ("Mimi"), Bubba, and Elmo. I hug, pet, baby, and play with my bffs all the time. I'm also getting really into princesses. I just got a princess book set and I like to read those books over and over again. Making animal noises is still a favorite pastime of mine as well. I know sounds for pretty much any animal you can think of (and if I don't, I'll just make some up). Mommy and Daddy love it when I do my cat impression ("maw) and duck impression ("duck-duck") the most.

Only bad news from Month 16 is that I got the measley mumps (roseola) again. Apparently it's rare to get it twice, but I guess that makes me extra special. It only got me down for a few days. I'm back to my healthy and silly self again.

Here is a link to an online album with a bunch of pics from Month 16: http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=704163090408%3A1742520405&sourceId=533754321803&cm_mmc=eMail-_-Share-_-Photos-_-Sharee

No comments:

Post a Comment