Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer Lovin'

I love the summer because I get to go outside and play so much. One of my favorite outdoor hang outs is the park. Below are some pics of me at a really cool local park that has a fun playground as well as an in-ground kiddie pool.

The water is shallow enough and I'm tall enough that I can stand throughout the entire kiddie pool. One of these days, I'll learn to swim in a big kid pool. I was supposed to take swim lessons already; however, I wasn't able to attend during the two-week session I signed up for. (I was sick the first week and then it was too cold the second week.) Hopefully, I'll get another chance to learn to swim soon.

Although I don't swim, the beach is another one of my favorite hang outs. Here are some pics from today at the beach. I was so excited when I saw where we were going that I cheered, "Yay!" from my car seat.




In the top left photo, I have a ladybug on my arm. Daddy found it and we played with it for a while. How cool is that?! For the remainder of the time, I mostly just enjoyed the sand and water. I've decided I really like water in controlled portions (i.e. cups, buckets, bathtubs, and small pools), but I'm still skeptical about the ocean. Those waves are kind of scary. Every time one came close to my feet, I would yell, "Whoa! Whoa!" I was not happy when Mommy dipped my feet in the icy water either. I clung to her like a spider monkey and cried. Just let me chill on the shore please!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Talley!! Another great Blog update! You are having so much fun this summer. Mommy and daddy look very happy, too. Grandma would like to take you to the beach. I think if you saw silly grandma was not afraid of the waves, you would not be afraid either.
    I love you very much and enjoy your blog every month.
    Congratulations on baby brother!! I am excited to see him and play with him, too.

    ReplyDelete