Friday, September 4, 2009

Jesus Loves Me and I Love Him Back!


Sunday was a very special day. There was a dedication ceremony for me at church so Mommy and Daddy could present me to the Lord. Family and friends came from all over to show love and support. Many came from various parts of Southern California; Grandma and Grandpa O came in from Nevada; and my Godmother, Aunt Miss Natasha Turner, came all the way from London! When Pastor Brandon called Mommy, Daddy, and me to the stage and asked all of the people who were there for us to stand up, it was so cool to see 40 of our loved ones pop up from the audience!

While we were on stage, there was a picture of Mommy and Daddy and me displayed on a big screen behind us. Pastor Brandon talked about the values Mommy and Daddy want me to grow up with and Daddy read some scripture aloud. I babbled some too and smiled for my fans. I felt very at home on stage; I guess I'm a natural performer. Below are the values Mommy and Daddy listed for me:

- Make good decisions- incorporate knowledge from the Bible and other wise instruction so you can discern and do what is right and keep good company

- Be a hard, humble, faithful, and grateful worker

- Be fair and just always - search for good in people while recognizing and safeguarding against the bad and stand up for what is right

- Be honest and trustworthy

- Live with a loving and cheerful heart

- Be respectful

- Love, honor, and fear the Lord

They were supposed to come up with just five from their Proverbs reading assignment, but as you can see, they went over that just a bit. They have pretty high expectations of me, but I'm sure I'll still be able to impress them :) After church, we had a big party at our house with tacos and cake. It was pretty hot outside, but everyone had fun. I've posted a few pics from the day above. The first one is of me in my pretty dress and bow; the second one is of Mommy, Daddy, and me on stage with Pastor Brandon; and the third one is of me with my Aunt Miss Natasha Turner and my Godfather, Uncle Willis. For more pics from this special day, you can click on this link: http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=hnw4mgo.4x637nes&x=0&y=6d0ca2&localeid=en_US

Thank you to all who were able to come out! You made the day even more special. I loved all the presents too! Jesus must love me a lot to give me such great family and friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment