Thursday, December 17, 2009

Getting into the Holiday Spirit

We've had lots of fun preparing for my first Christmas. We've gone on several shopping trips; listened to tons of Christmas music; taken pictures with Santa; picked out and decorated a Christmas tree; performed onstage with my fellow musician babies for the music program's Holiday Open House; checked out all the cool lights and decorations at the houses on Christmas Tree Lane in nearby El Segundo; and visited Santa's Village at Irvine Regional Park with my cousins. All this and I get to open presents too?! Can it be Jesus's birthday more than once a year?

Below is a pic of me with Santa:

This is the true Santa. His white hair was real and everything. He was at the second mall we checked. The first mall we went to had a fake Santa who wasn't very friendly. Apparently, there are a lot of impostures out there. Luckily, we didn't get duped by the phony.

Here is a link to a video of me performing at the Holiday Open House for my music class: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5pIE3GBITw. It was so fun being danced around and having everyone cheer for me. At one point, my hat came down over my head. Mommy didn't realize it and just kept bouncing me all over the place. The audience had a hearty laugh, but I was a good sport about it. I'm a born entertainer.

Here is a picture of me with Daddy visiting Candy Cane Lane:

I loved looking at all the lights. All the houses on the street were totally decked out. Some even had fun themes like Santa's Theatre, country club, train station, and Babe Watch.

Below is a pic of me in Santa's Village at Irvine Regional Park with my cousins, Jackson and Oliver, and Cuzzle Lily:

While we were at Irvine Regional Park, we rode a really neat train, played at the park, fed some ducks and a peacock by the lake, and visited the zoo. The zoo had bears, snakes, mountain lions, goats, birds, and all sorts of cool animals.

All the pre-Christmas activities have been so great. I can only imagine how awesome it will be when Christmas actually gets here next week! I'm so excited!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Talley,
    You looked so cute over Christmas, but it is time for some new pics of you on this blog. You can't let your many fans down, so talk to mommy about updating.
    You do get prettier every day you know.
    I love you,
    Grandma Linda

    ReplyDelete