Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Weigh-In Time for the Finicky Foodie


For my one-year check up at the pediatrician's office, I weighed 17 pounds, 5 ounces and I measured 27 and 3/4 inches. The verdict - I am gaining weight more like I should be, but I'm still pretty small (5th percentile weight and 10th-25th percentile height). I have an unrestricted license to pig out, but I'm a pretty picky pumpkin. Some might say I'm a diva, but I think I'm just a lady of discerning taste. I'm very weary about things with lumps, chunks, and different textures. I also demand to be entertained when I eat. If Mommy and Daddy are holding a cup and spoon, then I want to hold a cup and spoon too. If you are going to feed me, then I want to feed you too. If I throw something on the ground, then I will refuse to open my mouth until it is picked up and handed back to me. Also, I often prefer to feed myself. It's nice to set my own pace - one orzo grain per five minutes is a fine rate. It helps me savor the meal and it teaches Mommy and Daddy to have patience. Sometimes I have to remind them who is in charge around here. Did I mention I'm a bit messy too? Anyway, let me know if you want to do lunch sometime. It's on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment