A couple weeks ago, I headed to Redlands to visit with Grandpa Talley and my great aunts and uncles from the Talley side of the family. Great Uncle Mike and Great Aunt Susan were visiting from Missouri. We had an awesome time kickin' around in Great Uncle Terry and Great Aunt Janise's pretty backyard. I even got to witness a great adventure from the Talley brothers. I've heard before how exciting they are when they get together. Previous adventures have reportedly included towing a stranger's car (unbeknownst to the stranger), rescuing Mommy's runaway raft at the river, seining for a lost propeller in a marina with a fishing net, and nearly starting a forest fire. I'm delighted to say I've now seen the craziness for myself. This time, their mission was to bring down a high hanging tree branch using a rope, a roll of duct tape, and a pool cleaning pole. Despite great doubts from all the ladies watching, the brothers had great success. I also added to the entertainment by showing off a myriad of tricks from dancing to kisses. All in all, it was a super fun day. Thanks for coming out Great Uncle Mike and Great Aunt Susan, and thanks for having us over Great Uncle Terry and Great Aunt Janise!
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Hanging with the Talleys
A couple weeks ago, I headed to Redlands to visit with Grandpa Talley and my great aunts and uncles from the Talley side of the family. Great Uncle Mike and Great Aunt Susan were visiting from Missouri. We had an awesome time kickin' around in Great Uncle Terry and Great Aunt Janise's pretty backyard. I even got to witness a great adventure from the Talley brothers. I've heard before how exciting they are when they get together. Previous adventures have reportedly included towing a stranger's car (unbeknownst to the stranger), rescuing Mommy's runaway raft at the river, seining for a lost propeller in a marina with a fishing net, and nearly starting a forest fire. I'm delighted to say I've now seen the craziness for myself. This time, their mission was to bring down a high hanging tree branch using a rope, a roll of duct tape, and a pool cleaning pole. Despite great doubts from all the ladies watching, the brothers had great success. I also added to the entertainment by showing off a myriad of tricks from dancing to kisses. All in all, it was a super fun day. Thanks for coming out Great Uncle Mike and Great Aunt Susan, and thanks for having us over Great Uncle Terry and Great Aunt Janise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment