My brother is finally out! He came out screaming and peeing on December 20th at 10:13 AM. He weighed 7 pounds, 9 ounces and measured 20.5 inches long, just a bit bigger than me when I was born. Eventually, he'll be giving you some updates of his own, but I'm going to get him started since he's still getting settled in to this new world. Right now he's in the other room and my guess is he is sleeping, eating, pooping, or peeing, since that's pretty much all he's done since he got here. Despite the fact that he's not very active yet, I still love him very much. I'm always wanting to hold him on my lap, hold his hand, push him in the swing, and touch his soft hair. I also like hearing him make his little newborn noises. Sometimes he sounds just like a baby elephant seal. It seems so long ago now that I used to speak in that archaic Wookie language of grunts and squeals.
Baby Brubba is a pretty well-mannered baby so far. If he's fed and being held, he's generally content. The things he doesn't really like are diaper changes and sneezing. He cries a lot during the former and he does a frustrated grunt after the latter. The conundrum is that he poops and pees more than any baby on the planet, so he has to endure diaper changes quite frequently. Mommy and Daddy have a hard time keeping up with his excretions. Just about every day, he creates a load of laundry full of soiled clothes and bedding. Mommy and Daddy also have to wipe down the wall by the changing table regularly. All I have to say is, Mav is lucky he's so cute!
Baby Brubba is a pretty well-mannered baby so far. If he's fed and being held, he's generally content. The things he doesn't really like are diaper changes and sneezing. He cries a lot during the former and he does a frustrated grunt after the latter. The conundrum is that he poops and pees more than any baby on the planet, so he has to endure diaper changes quite frequently. Mommy and Daddy have a hard time keeping up with his excretions. Just about every day, he creates a load of laundry full of soiled clothes and bedding. Mommy and Daddy also have to wipe down the wall by the changing table regularly. All I have to say is, Mav is lucky he's so cute!
For those of you wondering how I'm adjusting to all the changes in the house, I'm doing great! We've been blessed to have lots of visitors and help. I have been loving the extra company and attention. I have also loved getting some really cool Big Sister presents. Thank you to everyone who has shown such love and support to our family during this exciting time! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment