Thursday, October 29, 2009

I Can Fly! (Reno Vacation #2)

The weekend before last, I went to Reno with Mommy and Daddy to meet up with family and friends. This time, we didn't drive; we flew! It was my first airplane ride. I was very excited about boarding the plane and preparing for take off. I loved having lots of people around me to look at and the tray on the seat back was so fun to play with. Mommy fed me on the way up and I passed out for the rest of the ride. I didn't know flying could be so relaxing.

Once we got there, we met with Grandma Linda, Andy Pop, and Great Grandma and Grandpa Garner. We hit the casino for a minute, but the slots were cold, so we took the party up to Great Grandma and Grandpa Garner's room. I got to meet some of Great Grandma and Grandpa's friends and we all went out to dinner together.

We stayed the night and the next day at Grandma and Grandpa O's house where I had a blast cruising all over the long stretches of open carpet. On the second night, Grandma O cooked a nice dinner for a big group of us, including Mommy, Daddy, Uncle Colin, Grandma and Grandpa O, Grandma Linda, Andy Pop, and Great Grandma and Grandpa Garner. Here is a pic from that night:

The Sunday we left, we headed back to the casino to have breakfast with Great Grandma and Grandpa Garner, Grandma Linda, Andy Pop, and friends. Below is a pic of our big fun group:

(From left to right: Gary, Gordon, Gretchen, Carl, MiMa Nelly, Grandpa Garner, Grandma Linda, me, Andy Pop, Mommy, and Daddy)

It was awesome being surrounded by so many people who love me at once. The only bummer about the trip was that I came down with a little cold and my nose kept running. Everyone took good care of me, though, and I recovered pretty quickly. Thanks to everyone for all the hugs and kisses that made me feel better! I miss you all and hope we can hang out again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment